This is to invite you to join our online discussion forums on the RUFORUM Website.
- to share experiences of how RUFORUM Initiatives, activities and Programs are influencing change in the area of Capacity Building in Agriculture in Africa focusing on agricultural research.
- to contribute to the M&E process on the impact of the RUFORUM Network in influencing Change higher Education in the Agricultural sector
We understand your busy schedule, but we really value your experience and knowledge in such important and critical discussions. Your contributions will really facilitate in shaping better advice and policies for the RUFORUM Network
Please visit our discussion forums by clicking on the following links below:
Alumni discussions: http://www.ruforum.org/content/welcome-alumni
ANNOUNCEMENT – 3RD RUFORUM BIENNIAL CONFERENCE, 24 – 28 SEPTEMBER 2012
We are pleased to inform you that the Third RUFORUM Biennial Conference will be held in Entebbe, Uganda in conjunction with the RUFORUM Annual General Meeting. Please note these dates and block them to schedule your attendance to this important event
This conference will be hosted by Makerere University in partnership with RUFORUM
i. Risk and Vulnerability in African Agriculture
ii. Value Chains and Innovation Platforms
iii. Innovations in Agricultural Information, Communication & Knowledge Management
iv. Natural Resource Management
v. Plant and Animal Health Management
vi. Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Policy
vii. Strengthening S&T Capacity in Africa: Engaging Women and Youth
viii. Monitoring and Impact Assessment
ix. Partnerships and Networking
Abstracts – 29th February 2012
Extended Abstracts – 30th April 2012
Registration – 30th July 2012
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Ms Nodumo Dhlamini
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
6th May 2010
UPDATE ON MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE ON HIGHER EDUCATION IN AGRICULTURE (CHEA) – Africa-wide meeting
The Government of Uganda in conjunction with RUFORUM and other regional and international partners will be hosting this conference from the 15th to the 19th of November 2010.
- Conference announcement: Following the authority from the Ministry of Education and Sports, RUFORUM has issued an announcement for the conference using various media channels and international meetings. Announcements have been circulated globally
- An international planning meeting was held in Montpellier, France in March 2010 attended by 12 international delegates
- We held a meeting in Ghana where we briefed about 15 representatives from various parts of Africa, including Ghana Minister of Education
- Advance invitation has been extended to about 150 persons
- We have contacted key organizations including Africa Union, NEPAD, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and southern Africa), Food and Agriculture Organization, International Fund for Agriculture, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, etc
- Contact with Senior African Leaders: We have made contact with the Office of the current Chair of the African Union, HE the President of Malawi, and HE the President of Ghana. We are also making arrangements for meeting the African Union, and making contact with Office of HE the Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
- Draft Programme: Is now ready
- Resource Mobilization: This is on-going. The draft budget is being finalized and we are soliciting for support from various sources.
- Meetings with the Government of Uganda: Update meetings continue to be held with the government