The Faculty of Agriculture of Jomo Kenyatta University, in conjunction with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to announce the availability of DAAD funded scholarships for students interested in the following programs;
- Sc. Food Science and Technology
- Sc. Horticulture
- D. Horticulture
- D. Food Science and Technology
Outstanding candidates seeking to apply for these scholarships must meet the following criteria;
- Be citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Candidates for PhD scholarship should be staff members of a public or private university, or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment.
- Meet the minimum Faculty requirements for admission, as detailed in the links below;
For further details, please contact the following;
NB: Applications must be received not later than Friday, June 12th, 2015.
In March 2015, Securing Water for Food announced its third call for innovations. This $12.5 million call for proposals focuses on identifying market-driven, low-cost, and scalable solutions that will enable us to improve water efficiency and waste water reuse; enhance water capture and storage; and reduce the impacts of salinity on aquifers and food production.
The third call has an increased focus on cutting-edge, advanced technologies and business models, as well as those that prioritize the engagement of women. Up to an additional $2.5 million is expected to be available for innovations implemented in the MENA region as part of USAID’s new Middle East Water Security Initiative. The focus of the Challenge is to support game-changing innovations at two stages, both of which must be post-pilot and present viable business models:
- Stage 1: Market-driven product in the process of business development
- Stage 2: Established innovations ready for scaling and commercial growth
The third call for proposals will close on May 22, 2015 at 5 PM EST. Winners will be announced in October 2015. Up to 30 innovators are expected to receive between $100,000 and $3 million in funding and acceleration support.
Review the Request for Applications for the third call for proposals here.
Questions and answers for Securing Water for Food’s third call for applications have been posted! View them here
Read more about the call by clicking here http://www.securingwaterforfood.org/round-3-call-3
The Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme supports higher education cooperation between countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP). The scheme aims to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in the ACP countries. The program builds on the African Union’s Mwalimu Nyerere Programme for Africa with funding from the European Commission. Sharing Capacity to Build Capacity for Quality Graduate training in Agriculture in African Universities (SHARE) is one of the Intra-ACP Mobility Scheme supported projects with 12 partner universities in Eastern, Central, Southern and Western Africa (see http://www.africasharecapacity.com for details). Applications are invited for SHARE mobility scholarships. SHARE is designed to provide resources and opportunities for students’ mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters and Doctoral studies as well as staff exchange among the consortium partners.
Who is Eligible?
The scholarships are open to Academic and Administrative Staff from:
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Cape Coast. Ghana
- University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and natural Resources (LUANAR), Malawi
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Makerere University, Uganda
- University of Zambia, Zambia
An applicant must:
- Be a national and resident in the above partner countries
- Work in or be associated with any of the above mentioned HEI at the time of application for a scholarship.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language used in the host countries.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This call reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use, which may be made of the information contained therein