The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM; www.ruforum.org), a network of 60 Universities in 25 African countries, has job opportunities at its Secretariat based at Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the following positions;
- RUF/JOB/01/16: Research and Grants Officer
- RUF/JOB/02/16: Recruitment and Training Officer
- RUF/JOB/03/16: Senior Finance Officer
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications to reach the Executive Secretary, RUFORUM by 5:00 pm (17:00 HRS EAT) on 30th September, 2016. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151/155 Garden Hill, Makerere University,
P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ……………….)
Applicants should quote the reference number and the position applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic testimonials as well as letters of endorsement from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2016 and will continue until the posts are duly filled. RUFORUM is an equal opportunity employer. Click here to download full advert.
Deadline by 17:00 on Friday, 26 August 2016.
SARIMA is an association of Research and Innovation Managers that operates at an institutional, national and international level, as well as across the value chain. The purpose of the association is to promote research and innovation management for the benefit of southern Africa. Research Management (RM) is a key strategic focus area for SARIMA and numerous activities and projects undertaken by the Research Management portfolio, in co-ordination with the Innovation and Technology Transfer and Africa Engagement portfolios.
SARIMA requires the services of a part-time Project Manager to co-ordinate, facilitate and implement activities and projects for the Research Management Portfolio.
The Project Manager’s duties will include:
- Wide consultation and liaison at national level with stakeholders and organisations
- Liaison with international partners and stakeholders on RM initiatives
- Planning and implementation of RM Portfolio activities
- Drawing up of documentation (e.g. concept notes, guidelines, toolkits, etc.) as part of deliverables on the RM Portfolio’s projects
- Driving the implementation of, and monitoring outcomes from, professional development and networking initiatives of the RM Portfolio, including facilitation and development of training material
- Identification and initiation of new projects in support of the RM Portfolio’s strategic plans
- Project management, management of budgets and liaison with funders
- Drafting funding related applications and proposals (inclusive of budget preparation)
- Development of reports to funders or other stakeholders on projects and initiatives, in consultation with the RM I&TT Portfolio members
- Facilitation of workshops, courses, etc., making presentations for promotion and/or training purposes.
- Updating of the RM section of the SARIMA website
- Development of information resources on RM
- Promoting the RM Portfolio activities of members through newsletters, social media, etc.
- Providing professional support to the SARMA Committee and the RM Portfolio
These functions need to be performed in close conjunction with especially the Vice-President RM, as well as the broader SARIMA Committee and SARIMA staff. The Project Manager may not serve SARIMA in any other capacity (such as a member of the Committee).
RUFORUM (Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture), a network of 55 African Universities (Visit www.ruforum.org for more details), has the following job opportunities for qualified candidates at its Secretariat based at Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda;
- RUF/JOB/18/16: Manager, Partnership and Business Administration
- RUF/JOB/19/16: Manager, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Details of the above job positions are available below. Interested potential applicants should submit their applications to reach the Executive Secretary, RUFORUM by 5pm on 29 February 2016. Applications should be sent by email to Secretariat@ruforum.org, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ……………….)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from three referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted, and those who applied previously need not apply. Screening of applications will begin in early March 2016, and will continue until the post is filled. Click here to download the full call.
RUFORUM is an equal opportunity employer
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 15th April 2016
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 22 of 2011, by delinking Bunda College of Agriculture from The University of Malawi. Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following academic position tenable at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Positions For Teaching Staff
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Veterinary Epidemiology
(DVM, BVSc with specialty or subspecialty (MSc or PHD)
- Teach students Veterinary Epidemiology
- Give practical and laboratory classes
- Develop an independent area of research in veterinary Epidemiology
- Establish lab and identify practical’s necessary for Epidemiology practice.
- Teach allied courses within the Faculty