BID REF: RUF/PROC/FY17/17/001
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a member based consortium of 66 universities in Sub-Saharan Africa. The consortium evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) a 10-year Programme of the Rockefeller Foundation initiated in 1992 to stabilise African Faculties of agriculture. RUFORUM mission is ‘to strengthen the capacities of Universities to foster innovations responsive to demands of small-holder farmers through the training of high quality researchers, the output of impact oriented research and the maintenance of collaborative working relations among researchers, farmers, national agricultural research institutions’. The consortium links through the respective Schools of Agriculture in the 66 member universities and the Vice Chancellors of the owners of the initiative. Our website can be located on www.ruforum.org and the RUFORUM Secretariat is hosted by Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda.
In order for RUFORUM to fulfil its mandate of strengthening graduate training in Africa, RUFORUM undertakes a number of activities that require supply of goods, services and works to support its operation at the Secretariat.
RUFORUM therefore, would like to invite applications/proposals from competent firms and companies to bid for prequalification for the provision of various goods, services, supplies and works at its Secretariat for the financial year 2017/2020. RUFORUM shall sign service/supply level agreements with the selected firm that will qualify after evaluation of the bids.
GOODS, SERVICES AND WORKS TO BE PRE – QUALIFIED
|1.||Catering Services (staff lunch, partners meeting, etc)|
|3.||Events Management – tent hire, chairs, decoration etc|
|5.||ICT services – hardware repairs and maintenance|
|6.||Motor vehicle services, repair and maintenance|
|9.||Supply of assorted Office Stationery|
|10.||Document printing services – (Ids, Nametags, Receipts/invoice books, posters, fliers, folders, note books, certificates, pull ups, banners. etc.)|
|11.||Document Designing , editing and formatting Services|
|12.||Transport Services/Vans/special hire|
|13.||Toiletries/Office Cleaning tools/Equipment|
|14.||Hotel and accommodation|
|15.||Office repairs and renovation:- Painting, roofing, windows, doors, etc.|
FORMAT AND CONDITION OF BID SUBMISSION:
- Proposals should be submitted within two separate envelopes well marked:- RUFORUM- Provision of Service/Works/Supply – Technical Proposal (in fulfilment of the Terms of Reference and Specification) and
- RUFORUM- Provision of Service/Works/Supply: Financial Proposal”.
- Sealed Bid documents will be received in person and registered by the Administrative Assistant on or before 10th May 2017
- In the case of service provision, the firm shall provide a one page Work Plan for the Assignment, describing methodology and any requirements for successful implementation of the service.
- Letter of Interest: 1 page
- Company Profile: 3 pages – detailing company name, head office physical address, other contact details, names of company directors, company staffing, volume of business and list of clients you have done work with or supplied goods to.
- In the case of service provision, two (2) CV’s of Proposed Dedicated Team and roles. The Team members proposed shall be giving support to the service if tender awarded.
- Copy of Trading Licence / Company Registration Documents (no page limit): Including VAT registration and income tax clearance, audited financial statements for last two years.
PROCEDURES FOR SUBMISSION OF THE PROPOSALS
Sealed bids in an envelope marked to: The Executive Secretary, RUFORUM from Interested firms should be submitted in 2 copies 1 Technical and 1 Financial Proposals based on the format provided above by hand to the below address by close of business 10th May 2017.
Address Proposals to:
The Executive Secretary,
P.O Box 16811, Plot 151/155 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, Kampala Uganda:
Tel: +256 417713300;
Download full call: INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION