RUFORUM Vacancy: Deputy Executive Secretary, Programme Development and Implementation
Deadline: 31 May 2019
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the Deputy Executive Secretary Programme Development & Implementation is expected to perform the following roles:
- Lead the implementation of RUFORUM three flagship programmes (TAGDev, RANCH and CREATE) in line with the RUFORUM Vision 2030 Strategy, to ensure their performance relative to the agreed strategic objectives, performance targets and timelines and devising strategies to address deviations
- Lead the identification and design of new strategic program/project initiatives in consultation with the Program Manager for Training and Community Engagement and Research and Innovation and mobilize funding for the initiatives
- Lead the review of the RUFORUM Vision 2030 programmes that relate to agricultural capacity enhancement, community empowerment, research and innovations
- Network, nurture and strengthen relationships with policy, civil society and private sector actors working in the field of higher agricultural education, science, technology and extension services in Africa and at the global level
- Oversee the execution of planned programmes that ensure cooperation among Consortium Universities, quality research, training, innovation, learning, and engagement at all levels
- Support the Executive Secretary and RUFORUM Program Managers to strengthen synergies across programmes, alignment to the overall RUFORUM Vision 2030, mission and strategic objectives and accountability to RUFORUM stakeholders
- Support the Executive Secretary by providing periodic reports on aspects of RUFORUM Vision 2030 programme/ project initiatives
- PhD in Agricultural Sciences, Economics or related disciplines.
- Postgraduate training/experience in Program/ Project Management.
- At least eight years’ experience in a reputable public/private organization managing agricultural and STI programmes.
- Ability to understand group dynamics and to solicit varying points of view, ideas and opinions from members of teams to form specific decisions.
- Ability to understand broader operational context and opportunities that provide high impact or cross functional solutions for RUFORUM.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage projects, raise funding and to work in multi-stakeholder platforms.
- Ability to consider long-term business implications or devise appropriate solutions for the implementation of the RUFORUM Vision 2030 program/ project initiatives.
- Ability to use understanding of RUFORUM Vision 2030 in building relationships that support its current and future objective
- Flexibility in work schedule and ability to multi-task
- A doer, not just administrator
Terms and Conditions
This is a regionally recruited position which offers attractive remuneration package. The position is open only to Nationals of Member States where RUFORUM operates. The initial contract period will be for 3 years renewable, subject to probationary period of six months.
Download the complete job advert here