Executive Appointment in RUFORUM
We are retained by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) to identify a competent, dedicated and highly inspirational individual to fill the post of Deputy Executive Secretary, Planning, Resource Mobilization and Management, (DES- PRM&M). The position is based in the RUFORUM Secretariat in Kampala, Uganda.
RUFORUM operation is guided by its Vision 2030 Strategy (The African Universities’ Agenda for Agricultural Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation – AHESTI), which is being implemented through four Flagship Programmes. Visit RUFORUM website. Prospective applicants are advised to review the RUFORUM Vision 2030 Strategy and the Five Year Operational Plan (2018-2022). The job roles and requirements of the post is detailed below
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the DES Planning, and Resource Mobilization & Management will have overall direct responsibility for the planning, resource mobilization and management in RUFORUM. He/she will supervise: Manager, Program Results Measurement and Learning (PRM&L); Manager K- Hub; and Manager, Finance & Administration (F&A)
His/her functions will be to:
- Lead the development of RUFORUM’s planning, resource mobilization and management policies and their review
- Lead the identification, development and effective implementation of new strategic initiatives in consultation with RUFORUM Secretariat Management
- Network and maintain relationships with civil society actors working in the field of higher education in agriculture and Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa at national, regional and global levels
- Provide leadership for the development of innovative and/or change management programs
- In partnership with the Deputy Executive Secretary Programme Design and Implementation coordinate operations of the Managers to ensure alignment of RUFORUM Vision 2030 programs/activities to the agreed strategic objectives and devising strategies to address deviations
- Support the Executive Secretary to strengthen synergies across programs, alignment to the overall RUFORUM Vision 2030, mission and strategic objectives and accountability to RUFORUM stakeholders
- Oversee the strengthening of RUFORUM institutional architecture including organizational culture, work and professional ethics, staff conduct and performance
- Oversee and guide the management of planning, policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation, institutional learning and knowledge hub to ensure timely implementation or functionality
- Facilitate the development, management, and implementation of strategies and initiatives focusing on identifying funding opportunities, nurturing donor relationships and RUFORUM networks, ensuring prudent financial management and timely reporting on funding
- Support the Executive Secretary by providing periodic reports on aspects of program operations under his/her leadership.
Download the complete Executive Job advert here