STIAS Iso Lomso Call for Applications 2017 Now Open: Apply Now
Iso Lomso Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers
2017 Call for Applications is now open
Iso Lomso Fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow.
Iso Lomso Fellows will enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to three international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
Read the press release here.
Applications close on Wednesday, 15 November, 2017
Download the applications documents of the 2017 call below:
You can help us distribute this call by printing and posting the Iso Lomso Poster on your bulletin boards.
For enquiries, please contact:
Dr. Christoff Pauw
STIAS Programme Manager
Tel. +27 21 808 9331