Training Opportunity: Management of Internationalisation
The key objective of the training course is to qualify university staff (either International Office staff or higher education managers responsible for coordinating international activities) from selected countries of Africa, Latin America, and Asia, to manage processes and tasks of internationalisation in the area of higher education. The programme will enable the participants to build up improved and more effective structures of internationalisation at their home universities. The programme is neither aimed to HEI with an already very developed stage of internationalisation, nor aims mainly to provide knowledge for proposal writing for third party funding.
Up to 30 participants will be selected. A gender balance is aimed at, given that qualifications and other criteria are fulfilled.
In Africa, candidates of the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- At least 2 years of experience in the area of Higher Education Management: either as international office staff or higher education managers responsible for coordinating international activities.
- Not older than 50 years of age.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
- Commitment to attend all workshops and to develop an individual PAP, commit to a project report at least every 2 months.
- Minimum technical equipment that guarantees the regular contact during the distance phases: internet connection and, if possible IT support for video conferences.
Application Address and Deadline
Please send your application as one pdf file (named “name_country_MoI2017_2018”) until the 15th May 2017, at 09.00h Central European Time via e-mail to: email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered eligible and will immediately be disregarded.
The Selection Committee is composed of high profile Higher Education Management experts.
All applicants will be informed about the results of the selection process in the 3rd-4th week of June 2017. Please, refrain to contact the coordination team beforehand.