Invitation for Expressions of Interest
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a consortium of 66 universities operating in 26 African countries across the African continent is pleased to announce Seven (7) Staff Exchange opportunities for 2017 Academic year at the Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The goal of the fellowships is to provide for opportunities for academics from outside Malawi to enhance faculty teaching, research and collaboration at LUANAR.
Particularly, for this call, Academic staff from RUFORUM member universities in West Africa and others from Eastern Central and Southern Africa will undertake visits to Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) and offer services such as teaching, graduate theses supervision, serving as external examiners or engaging in joint research.
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from qualified permanent teaching faculty staff who are employed at any RUFORUM member universities. Women are especially encouraged to participate in the Programme.
The staff exchange fellowships will be facilitated as follows;
- A return economy class air ticket by direct route or equivalent
- Accommodation and modest honorarium (living expenses) provided by LUANAR – the host institution.
The staff exchanges duration are planned for a period of 2 weeks beginning of October 2017 which will coincide with the RUFORUM AGM week in Malawi (26 -28th October, 2017). As such, the successful applicants might be expected to attend the AGM to share their experiences under this arrangement.
In order to be considered for the staff exchange fellowships, applicants are requested to submit the following documents;
- A motivation letter indicating interest and justification for participation and the subject areas for delivery of modular course to graduate students
- Updated Curriculum Vitae indicating track record in teaching postgraduate programmes
- When offered a travel fellowship a recommendation/ release letter from the University Management allowing you to go for the exchange programme will be required.
Home/Host Institution Obligations
The Home Institution of the visiting professor/lecturer shall maintain the payment of his/her salary and benefits for the duration of his/her absence from the institution for the purpose of the exchange mission
Submission of Application
All applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com and indicate in the subject line “Staff Exchange – LUANAR”. The deadline for applications is 30th June 2017.
Download English Version: Call for Expression of Interest – staff exchange – Final
Download French Version: Appel à Expression d’Interet – Echange de Personnels