The Young African Entrepreneurs competition call closes with 756 Submissions
RUFORUM recognizes the need for greater youth participation in enterprise development, business incubation and believes in youth entrepreneurship as the game changer in ensuring greater youth participation and integration into the economic growth for youth employment. As part of efforts to promote and showcase youth innovations in enterprise development and business incubation, RUFORUM organised the Young African Entrepreneurs Competition 2016. The competition lasted three months closing on 31st July, 2016 and attracted a total of 756 applications.
RUFORUM wishes to provide a process update on steps being undertaken to identify the 10 most competitive youth innovations and enterprises for presentation during the Fifth RUFORUM Africa Higher Education Week and Biennial Conference in Cape Town, South Africa.
Below are process highlights and next steps:
- Out of the 756 applications received, a compliance check was undertaken and 617 applications were compliant to the call specifications.
- The 617 applications have been submitted for review by a panel of four judges who will provide an initial selection of 100 applications by 26th August, 2016.
- The selected 100 applications will further be reviewed by another panel of three business and experts to select at least 30 most competitive applications by 3rd September, 2016.
- The 30 most competitive applications that will be selected will be invited for a skype/telephone interview about 8-12 September, 2016.
- The 10 most competitive enterprises and business propositions will be selected and announced by 15th September, 2016.