Announcement: 3rd Southern African Regional Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education
The Southern African Quality Assurance Network (SAQAN) is pleased to announce that the 3rd Southern African Regional Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education will be organised by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and will take place from 19 to 21 October 2016 in Pretoria, South Africa. The theme of the conference is:
Quality Promotion and Capacity Development in Higher Education in Southern Africa: Concepts, Perspectives and Practices
Professionals who are involved or have interest in quality assurance and promotion in higher education are cordially invited to take part in the conference. The target group includes:
- Vice Chancellors and Deputy Vice Chancellors responsible for teaching and learning;
- Chief Executive Officers/Executive Directors of quality assurance bodies, national qualification authorities, and professional councils;
- Directors/Senior Managers in quality assurance bodies, national qualification authorities, and professional councils;
- Directors/Senior Managers for quality assurance and promotion in higher education institutions;
- Researchers in the field of quality assurance and promotion;
- Practitioners of quality assurance and promotion;
- Policy Developers and Regulators in the area of higher education; and
- Policy Analysts with interest on higher education
The conference will comprise plenary sessions, paper presentation sessions, sessions for posters and special interest groups, a conference dinner, SAQAN General Assembly, SAQAN Executive Committee meeting, and an excursion.
Click here to download the full announcement.