Job Opportunities at RUFORUM: Technical Assistant, Communication
Deadline: 25 January, 2016
The position of Technical Assistant -Communication is intended to strengthen the strategic role of RUFORUM Communications, Visibility and Brand to support RUFORUM’s mandate. RUFORUM continues to strengthen its brand, communication products, channels and coverage in the area of Higher Agricultural Education in Africa. RUFORUM’s increased role as a voice for Higher education calls for intensified approaches towards a strong and sustainable brand for the network. Hence the need for a Communication Assistant to support the Communication, Publicity and Marketing office at the Secretariat.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop awareness campaigns
- Plan, coordinate and edit the Quarterly RUFORUM newsletter;
- Provide and update the RUFORUM website
- Gather press clippings and scan for issues related to Higher Education
- Photography coverage of RUFORUM events and organize the photo library
- Manage the communication inbox.
- Support to Communication officer to implement communication activities and tools such as; Press releases, Press conferences, Press activities at RUFORUM events, Press requests.
- Administrative and logistic support to Communication officer
- Organize and hold exhibitions both national and international
- Update RUFORUM Social Media Platforms
Academic and Professional Qualifications or Training
- Preferably a Masters or a minimum of a bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of related work Communication, Public Relations and Marketing or equivalent.
- Certification as an Social Media professional
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in either of the above professional posts in a busy Organization.
- At least three years of experience in either above professional posts in a large organization.