Next application deadline: 09:00 UK time (GMT) on 21 December 2015.
The Rothamsted International Fellowship Scheme (RIFS) supports scientists from developing countries to train at Rothamsted Research for 6-12 months on a research project they develop jointly with a Project Leader at Rothamsted.
How to apply
- Candidates need to make sure that their project idea is in-line with the research strategy at Rothamsted, which is summarised here: http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/sites/default/files/RRes_Strategy_Leaflet.pdf.
- Candidates must then identify which Project Leader at Rothamsted to approach to develop this idea further. Candidates may identify the Project Leader either through their own direct contact with that person, recommendations via colleagues, scientific literature searches or through the relevant department at Rothamsted (see this webpage for details of the departments http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/departments).
- Once a Project Leader at Rothamsted has been identified, the candidate should complete the application form together with the Rothamsted Project Leader. The application form and further guidance notes should be obtained from the Project Leader at Rothamsted – application forms cannot be downloaded from this website.
- Applications must be submitted by the Project Leader at Rothamsted by 09:00 UK time (GMT) on 21 December 2015.
- This is a competitive scheme and proposals are reviewed by an expert Panel. The Panel’s decision is then communicated to the candidate and Project Leader. This typically occurs within two months of the application deadline.