Call for Staff Scholarship Applications under SHARE
The Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme supports higher education cooperation between countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP). The scheme aims to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in the ACP countries. The program builds on the African Union’s Mwalimu Nyerere Programme for Africa with funding from the European Commission. Sharing Capacity to Build Capacity for Quality Graduate training in Agriculture in African Universities (SHARE) is one of the Intra-ACP Mobility Scheme supported projects with 12 partner universities in Eastern, Central, Southern and Western Africa (see http://www.africasharecapacity.com for details). Applications are invited for SHARE mobility scholarships. SHARE is designed to provide resources and opportunities for students’ mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters and Doctoral studies as well as staff exchange among the consortium partners.
Who is Eligible?
The scholarships are open to Academic and Administrative Staff from:
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Cape Coast. Ghana
- University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and natural Resources (LUANAR), Malawi
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Makerere University, Uganda
- University of Zambia, Zambia
An applicant must:
- Be a national and resident in the above partner countries
- Work in or be associated with any of the above mentioned HEI at the time of application for a scholarship.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language used in the host countries.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This call reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use, which may be made of the information contained therein