The RUFORUM Secretariat is pleased to announce a call for PhD scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support. These scholarships are targeting both in-country/in-region (sub-Saharan Africa) applicants to support selected RUFORUM regional PhD Programmes in the Eastern and Central Africa (ECA). The scholarships are tenable for 2015/16 academic period. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes. The PhD training programmes will commence in September 2015; therefore, only candidates available to start the PhD training this September 2015 need to apply.
List of Eligible Programmes/ Study fields
The call is open to students who are interested/ registered in the following programmes:
- PhD in Life Sciences at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Sciences and Technology – Tanzania (2 in-region)
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Kenya 2 (1 in-region & 1 in-country)
- PhD in Plant Breeding & Biotechnology – Makerere University, Uganda(1 in-region & 1 in-country);
- PhD Agricultural and Rural Innovations at Makerere University, Uganda (1 in-region &1 in- country)
Details about the above four programmes are attached as Annex 1 to this call
Applications are invited from qualified candidates (must be MSc holders in the relevant disciplines) from Sub Saharan Africa. Female applicants, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. Read more DAAD-RUFORUM Scholarship announcement – Final 27th April 2015.
Please download the following documents for this application process;
- Annex 1- Details of the Programmes
- Annex 2- DAAD Application Form for Scholars_InCountry_InRegion Scholarships
- Annex 3 -_DAAD_Information Sheet for Scholars_InCountry InRegion
University Application forms