Announcement of the First IAAE 2015 Carl K. Eicher Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation
Family, friends and colleagues of the late Carl K. Eicher have established a fund under the IAAE to support an award for the best doctoral dissertation on Africa to honour the outstanding contributions of the late Professor Eicher to African agricultural research and education. The first award will be made at the International Conference of Agricultural Economists in Milan in August, 2015, consisting of cash prize of $1,000 and partial travel support to attend the conference. The IAAE is now calling for nominations for the award.
- Any Dept. of Agricultural Economics or other Dept. of Economics or allied discipline with a specialization in Agricultural Economics can present through
its Head of Department a maximum of one nomination.
- All doctoral dissertations relating to agricultural economics (according to the JEL classification) applied to an African problem (defined according the FAO
classification of African countries) are eligible.
- Doctoral dissertations must have been completed during the years, 2012, 2013 or 2014.
- Each nomination must include a cover memo of two pages maximum on why the dissertation has been selected for nomination, as well as an electronic copy
of the dissertation.
- Nominators are also expected to provide the IAAE with the name of a recognized Agricultural Economist who has agreed to serve as a member of the Review Committee to select the winning entry.
- Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24:00 hrs. GMT March 15th, March. 2015
Photo of Dr. Eicher – Michigan State University, http://www.afre.msu.edu/people/eicher_c