Updates on the Ministerial Conference on Higher Education in Agriculture
6th May 2010
UPDATE ON MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE ON HIGHER EDUCATION IN AGRICULTURE (CHEA) – Africa-wide meeting
The Government of Uganda in conjunction with RUFORUM and other regional and international partners will be hosting this conference from the 15th to the 19th of November 2010.
- Conference announcement: Following the authority from the Ministry of Education and Sports, RUFORUM has issued an announcement for the conference using various media channels and international meetings. Announcements have been circulated globally
- An international planning meeting was held in Montpellier, France in March 2010 attended by 12 international delegates
- We held a meeting in Ghana where we briefed about 15 representatives from various parts of Africa, including Ghana Minister of Education
- Advance invitation has been extended to about 150 persons
- We have contacted key organizations including Africa Union, NEPAD, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and southern Africa), Food and Agriculture Organization, International Fund for Agriculture, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, etc
- Contact with Senior African Leaders: We have made contact with the Office of the current Chair of the African Union, HE the President of Malawi, and HE the President of Ghana. We are also making arrangements for meeting the African Union, and making contact with Office of HE the Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
- Draft Programme: Is now ready
- Resource Mobilization: This is on-going. The draft budget is being finalized and we are soliciting for support from various sources.
- Meetings with the Government of Uganda: Update meetings continue to be held with the government