We are retained by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) to identify a competent, dedicated and highly inspirational individual to fill the post of Deputy Executive Secretary, Planning, Resource Mobilization and Management, (DES- PRM&M). The position is based in the RUFORUM Secretariat in Kampala, Uganda.
RUFORUM operation is guided by its Vision 2030 Strategy (The African Universities’ Agenda for Agricultural Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation – AHESTI), which is being implemented through four Flagship Programmes. Visit RUFORUM website. Prospective applicants are advised to review the RUFORUM Vision 2030 Strategy and the Five Year Operational Plan (2018-2022). The job roles and requirements of the post is detailed below
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the DES Planning, and Resource Mobilization & Management will have overall direct responsibility for the planning, resource mobilization and management in RUFORUM. He/she will supervise: Manager, Program Results Measurement and Learning (PRM&L); Manager K- Hub; and Manager, Finance & Administration (F&A)
His/her functions will be to:
- Lead the development of RUFORUM’s planning, resource mobilization and management policies and their review
- Lead the identification, development and effective implementation of new strategic initiatives in consultation with RUFORUM Secretariat Management
- Network and maintain relationships with civil society actors working in the field of higher education in agriculture and Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa at national, regional and global levels
- Provide leadership for the development of innovative and/or change management programs
- In partnership with the Deputy Executive Secretary Programme Design and Implementation coordinate operations of the Managers to ensure alignment of RUFORUM Vision 2030 programs/activities to the agreed strategic objectives and devising strategies to address deviations
- Support the Executive Secretary to strengthen synergies across programs, alignment to the overall RUFORUM Vision 2030, mission and strategic objectives and accountability to RUFORUM stakeholders
- Oversee the strengthening of RUFORUM institutional architecture including organizational culture, work and professional ethics, staff conduct and performance
- Oversee and guide the management of planning, policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation, institutional learning and knowledge hub to ensure timely implementation or functionality
- Facilitate the development, management, and implementation of strategies and initiatives focusing on identifying funding opportunities, nurturing donor relationships and RUFORUM networks, ensuring prudent financial management and timely reporting on funding
- Support the Executive Secretary by providing periodic reports on aspects of program operations under his/her leadership.
Download the complete Executive Job advert here
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 105 Universities in 37 African Countries, works with relevant stakeholders of agricultural tertiary education to build the innovative capacities of universities to engage with development processes through effective training, research and outreach.
RUFORUM prides itself as a knowledge-based, international Non-Governmental Organization with a commitment to enrich and sustain the lives and livelihoods of smallholder and rural based poor farmers in the ECSA. To help achieve its vision and mission, RUFORUM’s internal operations are guided by six core values of Equity and Fairness, Diversity, Voice and participation, Knowledge and Creativity, Humility and Respect, and Honesty and Integrity.
RUFORUM in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation are implementing a project “Transforming African Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development (TAGDEV). The project will train 220 students over a period of 8 years. Student’s beneficiaries in this programme are provided with a laptop to support their studies. RUFORUM through national bidding process would therefore, like to engage a reputable firm to supply these laptops.
For more details about the the general information for bidders, Download the complete bid notice here
Kampala 10 December 2018 As part of revamping and aligning Secretariat operations for delivery of the the Vision 2030 of the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), we are pleased to announce the following appointments at the RUFORUM Secretariat:
- Jolyn Runyararo Rukarwa (from Zimbabwe) – Manager, Research and Innovations
Dr. Runyararo is a plant biotechnologist. She holds a PhD in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology from Makerere University, Uganda. Runyararo has extensive experience in research in plant breeding and Biotechnology. She will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the RUFORUM Vision 2030 Flagship programme Cultivating Research and Teaching Excellence (CREATE), that will involve, amongst others, faciltating academic mobility, research collaboration and staff development in RUFORUM member universties.
- Egeru Anthony (from Uganda) – Manager, Training and Community Engagement
Dr. Egeru holds a PhD in Dryland Resources Management from University of Nairobi, Kenya and will be responsible for the implementation of two flagship programmes: Transforming African Agricultural Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and Development (TAGDev) and Regional Anchor Universities for Agricultural Higher Education (RANCH)
- Otto Francis (from Uganda) – Manager, Knowledge Hub
Dr. Otto holds a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. Dr. Otto has more than 15 years’ experience in Higher Education and ICT sectors. Dr. Otto will be responsible for the Knowledge Hub for University Networking, partnerships and Advocacy (K-HUB). He brings a diverse experience in quality assurance, networking and systems development as well as artificial inteligence applications in education.
- Sylvanus Mensah (from Benin) – Technical Specialist, Undergraduate and TVETs
Dr. Sylvanus Mensah (Eng.) holds a PhD in Environment and Forestry from the Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He has been appointed to serve as the Technical Specialist in charge of Undergraduate and Technical and Vocational Education Training. He will be responsible for strengthening TVET institutions engagement with universities and enhancing technical and vocational training for mid-career level professionals.
- Hatim Mohammed Elamin (from Sudan) – Technical Specialist, Youth Development and Community Engagement
Dr. Elamin holds a PhD in Application of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology from the University of Kordofan. Dr. Elamin has been appointed as the Technical Specialist, Youth Services and Community Engagement is responsible for RUFORUM core mandate of strengthening university and community connectedness and enhancing youth innovation and entrepreneurship. He brings expertise value chains development with experience especially Gum Arabic and dryland agriculture.
- Meri Siaka (from Ghana)- Internal Auditor
Meri Siaka is a certified chartered accountant with over eight years working experience and a member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA, UK). Meri has been appointed as the Internal Auditor at RUFORUM, where her responsibilities entails ensuring that RUFORUM’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are functioning effectively. Meri brings experience from the private sector in financial management and assurance.
- Nakyobe Judith (Uganda) – Manager, Finance and Administration
Judith Nakyobe is a qualified Chartered Accountant, a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA, UK) and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants Uganda (ICPAU). Judith has been re-appointed as the Finance and Administration Manager. She is responsible for the management of the financial and human resource management systems in line with existing policies, laws, regulations and procedures.
- Reginald Doodu Donkor (from Ghana) – System Accountant
Reginald Doodu Donkor is a chartered accountant and tax practitioner. He is a member of The Institute of chartered Accountants, Chartered Institute of Taxation, and Institute of Internal Auditors, in Ghana. Reginald has been appointed as a Systems Accountant. He brings expertise in data analytics, digitalisation and financial systems integration.
RUFORUM, a consotium of 105 Universities in 37 countries in Africa, developed the African Universities’ Agenda for Agricultural Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (AHESTI). The 12 year strategy (2018-2030) was developed to strengthen the capacity of African universities and other tertiary institutions to contribute to economic transformation through development of skilled, entrepreneurial and innovative human resources, technologies and innovations for community and economic transformation.
The restructring serves to support the implemetnation of AHESTI and the RUFORUM Vision 2030. The Secretariat is also recruiting for other staff positions of; Manager, Program Results Measurement & Learning (PRML); Technical Specialist, Staff Development & Academic Mobility and Technical Specialist, Graduate Training. Announcements of appointments to these other positions will be made in due course.
”We look forward to working closely with the new staff at the Secretariat to serve the Network better” – Prof. Adipala Ekwamu, RUFORUM Executive Secretary
Download the complete Press Release. New Staff appointment at RUFORUM Secretariat_