Kampala 13 April 2019 The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is an implementing partner for the SENTINEL project. The SENTINEL is an interdisciplinary research project seeking to address the challenge of achieving ‘zero hunger’ in sub-Saharan Africa, while at the same time reducing inequalities and conserving ecosystems with special focus on Ethiopia, Zambia and Ghana. Through this project, RUFORUM will provide 27 PhD research scholarships. RUFORUM is a pleased to announce the award of 20 PhD research scholarships to applicants that responded to the second Social and Environmental Trade-offs in African Agriculture (Sentinel) call for PhD proposals. This is the second and final award under this project. The following are the successful applicants.
Selected applicants for the SENTINEL PhD Research Scholarship Award 2019
|No||Surname||First name||Gender||University||Country of Research|
|1||Hailu Gebremedhin||Haftay||male||Haramaya University||Ethiopia|
|3||Abubakar||Gyinadu||male||University of Ghana||Ghana|
|4||Loh||Seyram||male||University of Ghana||Ghana|
|8||Jiru||Dereje Bekele||male||Jimma University||Ethiopia|
|9||Kabwata||Kelly||male||University of Zambia||Zambia|
|10||Basiru||Adeniyi Okanlawon||male||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||Ghana|
|12||Mulu||Solomon||male||University of Gondar||Ethiopia|
|13||Kusiima Kaheesi||Samuel||male||Makerere University||Uganda|
|14||Asfaw||Ambachew Getnet||male||Bahir Dar University||Ethiopia|
|15||weldemariam||Elias Cherenet||male||University of Pretoria||Ethiopia|
|16||Baidoo||Jacqueline||female||University of Ghana||Ghana|
|17||Nsemiwe||Nsama||female||University of Reading||Zambia|
|18||Denga||Rudo Violet||female||University of KwaZulu Natal||Zambia|
|19||Munyaka||Justin||male||University of Zambia||Zambia|
|20||Mashandi||Fridah||Female||University of Zambia||Zambia|
Download the complete press release here
9 PhD opportunities for the next generation of agricultural research scientists for Africa. Candidates will work with Cranfield University (UK), Rothamsted Research (UK) and Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (Morocco). Deadline: 5 May 2019
- Assistant Professor Positions within the Agrobiosciences unit at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), Morocco. Deadline: 30 April 2019
- Assistant Professor of Agronomy
- Assistant Professor of Animal Science
- Assistant Professor of Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor of Biosaline Agriculture
- Assistant Professor in Biostatistics
- Assistant Professor of Botany
- Assistant Professor of Genomic and Molecular Biology
- Assistant Professor of Pedology
- Assistant Professor of Plant Pathology
- Assistant Professor of Plant Science (Physiology)
- Assistant Professor of Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Assistant Professor of Soil Microbiology
- Assistant Professor of Tropical Agriculture
- Teaching and research job openings in Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, and Psychology. Opportunities range from Post-doctoral research placements and tenure track positions to full-time or associated professorships. Deadline: 30 April 2019
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) recently developed a new strategic plan which has led to increased demands in its business operations that require redesigning of its current Information Management System (RIMS). The RUFORUM Vision 2030 (refer to our website) has new programmatic flagship areas established to guide the operation of the RUFORUM Secretariat. This requires a stronger information management system to support the implementation of its Vision by collation, storage, verification and analysis of relevant higher education data in the different flagships critical to the RUFORUM Secretariat’s operations.
RUFORUM invites eligible firms to submit their proposals in providing the information management services. Interested firms should provide proposals demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform these services.
Proposals comprising of technical proposal and financial proposal, in separate sealed envelopes, should reach the RUFORUM Secretariat no later than 23rd April 2019 at 5 pm (17.00) East Africa local time.
For more details, download the Request For Proposal.